Get your tech on
The rise of technology has dramatically changed our lives. It has not only boosted productivity but has also improved services and customer experiences. Change and technology translate into human experience. It is crucial to understand what makes an innovative service or product, to design or customize, into memorable hospitality experiences. In Barcelona you will challenge yourself to create a unique hospitality experience that considers how technologies transform the hospitality market!
The study programme in Barcelona consists of the following modules:
Experience Design and Implementation
More and more industries are using customer-centric strategies and focusing their efforts on delivering innovative and authentic experiences for their customers. Hospitality is driven by customer expectations so the only way to lead in this sophisticated, competitive industry is by fully understanding the customer experience.
- Using assessment tools like storyboards, open innovation, and the generation of value.
- Developing user diaries and observation sheets to record insights into behavioural patterns.
- Improving your solutions through positive and negative scenarios and user-groups reactions.
- Prioritizing solutions and developing a desktop walkthrough to create a customer experience.
Coordinator: Dr Gilda Hernandez-Maskivker
The 4th Industrial Revolution: Technologies in Hospitality
The digital transformation in the hospitality industry has been undeniably revolutionary – and a transformation that is constantly shifting and evolving To extend your understanding of this, you will be involved in a review of how all technology set tourism in a new context: the emergence of disruptive technologies that reshape consumer experiences, workplace dynamics and the way businesses develop.
- Becoming familiar with concepts like AI, AR, Big Data and Internet of Things.
- Exploring how technology boosts innovation and learning the fundamentals.
- Knowing what is required to design, develop, and deploy an experience in a culturally mixed environment.
Coordinator: Dr Albert Fornells Herrera
Hospitality Innovation Consultancy Project Part III: Validate & Implement
This is the stage where you will begin testing your project - the final stage of the Design Thinking process. Presenting your prototype to an audience of real users is naturally both exciting and challenging. But ultimately it will be very fulfilling and rewarding to experience presenting your final product to your client: the business and implementation plan.
- Understanding implementation as the culmination of a strategic solution to an industry problem.
- Developing quantitative research, data collection and analysis.
- Writing academically sound and well-researched plans and presenting your ideas convincingly.
Coordinator: Dr Ricard Santomà